Applications to study in 2024 will be open from 25 September 2023
Complete and sign the application form electronically. You may email your application form with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that you may be required to submit hard copies of documents at a later stage.
Download the application form and fees by clicking on the links below:
NOTE: 2024 application form & fees will be available shortly
Please note that you cannot apply for a full-year course during the middle of the year - these courses have only one intake in February.
A separate application form for each course needs to be submitted if you wish to apply for more than one course. (Please note: the application form is generic and the applicant needs to fill in the course name that he/she is applying for.)
A R250-00 non-refundable application fee is payable per course upon application. This fee is included in the course fee and will be deducted when the invoice is produced.
Please ensure that your application is accompanied by:
- A certified copy of your ID/passport.
- A certified copy of your Matric certificate/school leaving certificate, and post school certificates (with full academic transcripts)
- A brief CV (not more than three pages).
Successful applicants will receive a letter of acceptance and a pro-forma invoice (made out to the student or the sponsor – depending on who is liable for settling the account) via email. Payment for the course should be made prior to the registration date for the course, which will be indicated on your letter of acceptance.
All applicants will have to pay a fee for a Wits ICAM card and those who require parking will have to obtain a parking disc at the prescribed cost at the Wits parking office.
Short Courses Overview
- These short courses are ideal for the mature working person who wants to acquire new skills and knowledge, advance their career or even make a career change.
- All courses are offered on a part-time basis by attending evening and/or Saturday classes. Participants attend class once or twice a week (depending on the course).
- Most courses run over 12 weeks (one two-hour lecture a week) with a revision session in week 13 and a final assessment in week 14.
- Wits Plus also offers one year (full-year) courses. These courses only commence at the beginning of the year.
Kindly note that on the instruction of the Council on Higher Education (CHE) short courses will NOT in future refer to 'NQF levels' - these Wits Course Level (WCL) descriptors now apply.
Our courses are designed to assist people who are ready and prepared for tertiary education. Entrance criteria differ from course to course. However, a specific course makes most sense if an applicant is working in the particular field.
For certain courses, prerequisite abilities in English, mathematics, economics or computer literacy are applied – so applicants are strongly advised to ensure that they meet the requirements.
Fees for short certificate courses
The fees for the various courses are different - fees for 2024 will be confirmed shortly.
In addition to the course fees stipulated in the table below, students also need to provide for the following:
- Wits student card (ICAM) costs: approximately R140
- Parking disc fees apply: arrangements need to be made with the parking office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WITS POLICY ON SHORT COURSES CLEARLY STIPULATES THAT ALL SHORT COURSE FEES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE.
Short Course Coordinator
Tel: +27 11 717 9503
Short Course Coordinator
Tel: +27 11 717 9519
General Wits Plus Reception
Tel: +27 11 717 9510